- Reservations are recommended for indoor pool use, this can be done by calling the Civic Center (online reservations may be available at a later date). Reservations can be made up to one week in advance.
- Residents only will be permitted and children ages 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Each swimmer/household group will be given their start and end time, time slot will be given to walk-ins if current reservation is more than 15 minutes late.
- Household groups are limited to 10 people or less.
- The Main Lap pool will be divided into three sections (2 lanes per section), the Activity pool with be reserved for use by one household at a time.
- Steam Room and Sauna are closed until further notice.
- Whirlpool use is limited to 15 minutes of use by and individual alone and/or members of the same household/group together.
- No lockers or locker room showers available. Personal items can be kept on deck and the shower by the whirlpool should be used for rinsing before and after swimming.
- Fitness equipment is for adult use only, will be distributed by the lifeguard staff, and sanitized after each user.
- There is no lost and found.
INDOOR POOL SCHEDULE WEEKDAYS
6:00am – 7:30am ADULT SWIM
8:00am – 11:00am SENIORS AND IMMUNOCOMPROMISED ONLY
11:30am – 6:15pm OPEN SWIM
6:45pm – 8:00pm ADULTS ONLY
INDOOR POOL SCHEDULE WEEKENDS
SATURDAY 8:00am – 11:00am ADULTS ONLY
11:15am – 2:00pm OPEN SWIM
SUNDAY 9:00am – 10:30am ADULTS ONLY
10:45am – 1:00pm OPEN SWIM
The City of Independence park complex offers both indoor and outdoor swimming facilities.
The Indoor Pool at the Civic Center is open year-round and includes the following amenities:
- Main Pool - 6 lanes, 25 yards, 3 1/2 to 5 feet deep
- Activity Pool - Zero depth to 3 feet deep
- Steam Room
The Indoor Pool hosts a variety of water exercise classes, as well as occasional special events for families, such as our Spring 'Diving For Eggs' program. The Indoor Pool is also host to the Independence High School Swim Team - scheduled times for practices and meets are posted during the winter season. Usage of the Indoor Pool facilities is included in the Civic Center membership.
The Outdoor Pool, located in Elmwood Park, is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and includes the following amenities:
- Main Pool
- 8 lanes, 50 meters, 3-1/2 - 6 feet
- Additional 2 feet deep area
- One high dive
- Two 1-meter boards
- Activity Pool
- Zero depth entry to 3-1/2 feet deep
- Play structure and water slide
- Water cannons
We offer a variety of programs throughout the year, including water exercise and water aerobics classes encompassing multiple abilities, American Red Cross certified Water Safety Instruction and Lifeguard Classes, and more. For more information on our current roster of classes, click below.
For additional aquatics programs, see below or contact Aquatics Manager, April Lemke
- Youth & Adult Programs available
- Available Indoors and Outdoors (Summer Months)
- American Red Cross Program
- 6 students to 1 Instructor
- Waterbabies & Preschool: Ages 6 months to 4 years old
- Levels 1 - 6: Ages 5 & up
- Call 216-524-3262 to register or register / view details online.
The City of Independence provides patrons with American Red Cross swimming lessons. Check our Level Descriptions to determine the most suitable level for each child.
Outdoor Youth Swim Team - Independence Stingrays
$50 per swimmer - Independence Residents
$65 per swimmer - St. Michael Students & Grandchildren of Residents
Fee includes Team Suit
Swimmers Level 3 and up are welcome to join the youth swim team. Practices will be divided into groups by skill level and will concentrate on improving the basics as well as more advanced skills. Swim Team Practice is held Monday - Friday, 12:00pm to 1:00pm at the Outdoor Pool starting in June.